Join the Tipsy Elves Team
We are currently hiring for the following positions. Please feel free to apply by clicking the button at the bottom of each job description or click above to be considered for future opportunities.
Content Production Specialist
Tipsy Elves creates the most outrageous apparel known to mankind to make your life more fun. We are the market leader in the fun apparel industry; and in tandem with creating face meltingly cool products, we’ve created a brand committed to providing unforgettable fun experiences for our customers. See here to learn more about the office and company culture.
We’re looking for a Content Production Specialist to assist our team in creating unique, funny, and engaging digital content. This position with fill a variety of different creative needs throughout the company.
Perks include health/dental/vision, a relaxed work environment, and free pens. You heard that right, 100% free pens.
- Execute on directives from our creative team in copy writing, video production / video editing, and photo editing
- Provide general creative support for a variety of departments
- Assist in creating new content
- A human (Sorry, dogs)
- A highly creative team player who demonstrates the ability to tell a great story, craft a clever joke, and never run out of ideas
- A creator who knows how to turn ideas into tangible content that aligns with Tipsy Elves’ brand voice
- A gifted “word smith” who can articulate clever ideas with well written copy for email, social media, and web content
- A highly adaptable person who can lend their talents to a wide range of creative needs
- A positive, hard working individual who can take direction well, deliver on tasks, and always find a way to make an idea work
Education & Experience
- Quick whit, and an awesome sense of humor that can be adapted to brand voice
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, media production, or related field preferred
- 2+ years related experience
- Strong project management skills
- Team player, able to execute when given direction
- Experience with Final Cut Pro, Premier, or other professional video editing software preferred
- Experience with photography, DSLR cameras, and photo editing preferred
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop is a plus
Tipsy Elves is a market leader in the fun apparel industry, and the company designs, manufactures and sells its own brand of captivating clothing that is sold predominantly through its website - http://www.tipsyelves.com. The company's slogan is, "We make the most outrageous clothes known to mankind to make your life more fun." The company is headquartered in downtown San Diego and was recognized as one of San Diego's fastest growing companies, ranking #258 in the Inc. 5000 in 2015. The company also appeared on ABC's "Shark Tank" and "Beyond The Tank" in 2013, 2014 and 2015. See here to learn more about the office and company culture.
The Controller will lead Tipsy Elves' bookkeeping, accounting and finance functions and ensure that proper controls exist throughout the company. The Controller will manage monthly bookkeeping, financial close activities, financial reporting, inventory accounts, and payroll. The Controller position at Tipsy Elves is a uniquely entrepreneurial role at a rapidly growing company.
- Maintain accurate record of Tipsy Elves' business transactions and cash flow through the use of QuickBooks and oversee monthly bookkeeping responsibilities.
- Manage and review monthly account reconciliations
- Manage month-end and year-end financial close process and analysis of actual results to budget and prior year.
- Pull inventory and sales reports across multiple channels and determine monthly product costs and month-end inventory balances, and reconciling these with inventory reported by warehouse.
- Present Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statements to management team during monthly financial review meetings.
- Participate in annual budget process by working with management in the preparation and review of annual budgets.
- Perform ongoing analysis of current and projected financial performance.
- Work with management to prepare monthly forecasts.
- Manage cash flow and provide recommendations for payments and borrowings
- Good business acumen and ability to identify and communicate ideas that contribute to the continued growth of Tipsy Elves.
- Results oriented with strong planning, prioritization, problem solving and decision-making, organizational and time-management skills.
- Works well under pressure and delivers on commitments.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to be pragmatic and assertive, and assumes responsibility for work and holds direct reports accountable.
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, database programs, and report writing.
- Works independently to facilitate the objectives of the role under minimal direction.
Education & Experience
- BA / BS in Business Administration or Accounting required
- CPA or CMA preferred
- 5+ years experience in a corporate accounting environment, including 2-3 years in management capacity
- Technical and practical applications experience in audit procedures and audit controls preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel
- QuickBooks certification or a minimum of 3 years of experience working with QuickBooks or similar bookkeeping software
Tipsy Elves is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.