Surviving the holidays? Tipsy Elves has your back. Whether you’re spending it with friends or family… you’ll be drinkin’ around the Christmas Tree with these grown-up games!
The Family Christmas Dinner Drinking Game
- Every time you have to pretend you’re interested
- Every time you fake laugh
- Every time you commit to a plan you know you’re going to bail from
- Every time someone mentions how great it is to have the family all together
- Every time someone over estimates what you’re doing with your life
- Every time someone under estimates what you’re doing with your life
- Every time one of your parents completely oversells you
- Every time someone compliments a dish even though you know they’re choking on the inside.
- Every time one of your grandparents makes a totally not PC statement
- Every time someone asks if you’re “seeing anyone”/Asks about your relationship status
- Every time someone tries to bring up politics and it gets super awkward.
- Every time you check the clock to see if it’s an appropriate time to leave.
- For every person wearing a Santa hat or antlers.
- Every time someone asks if you’ve been naughty or nice.
- Every time a child annoys you
- Every time something breaks, burns, or spills.
- Every time you receive a backhanded compliment
- Every time someone asks “how old are you now?”
- Every time someone arrives late
- Every time someone asks you what you told Santa you want for Christmas.
Needed: lots of drinks, television, Santa’s hat
Players: The more the merrier.
- Place Santa’s hat on corner of television.
- Put on movie.
- Every time someone “wears” Santa’s hat, take a drink.
Needed: shot glasses, any type of liquor
Players: the more the better
- Line up the shot glasses in a circle on the table and fill them up with any liquor you want. (Each person gets 1 shot glass)
- The first person must start singing their favorite Christmas song and stop after the first line. The second person sings the next line, and so on.
- If someone does not know their line, messes it up, takes too long of a pause, or does not attempt to sing on key, they must take a shot!
- The next person then has to sing the line that the previous one forgot, and it continues! Keep re-filling the shots and trying it with different Christmas songs.
Needed: your favorite booze.
Players: 5 or more works best.
- Sit in a circle and go around, in order, saying “Kris Kringle” at a fast pace.
- If anyone in the circle messes up the name or takes to long to say it, they must drink.
- You can also say “Christmas Drinks” on your turn instead, which reverses the direction of play!
- If anybody speaks out of turn, they must also toss their drink back! Each person has a maximum of using 2 “Christmas Drinks.”
Needed: the holiday cards you received and drinks of your choice.
Players: 2 or more.
- Evenly divide up the holiday cards that you got between you and the other people.
- Take turns reading your card aloud, and if your card includes: a photo of people wearing Christmas-like sweaters, religious messages, or a photo with a dog in Christmas attire, take a big chug of your drink!
“The Alphabet Game”
Needed: Any drink that will do the job.
Players: Works best with 4 or more.
- Get a group of people. The first person in the group starts by naming something Christmas related that starts with the letter ‘A’ like “Antlers.”
- The second person then repeats the first, and adds something with the letter ‘B’ like “Blitzen.”
- The third person repeats the two, adds his own, and so on.
- Every time someone takes too long or messes up, they must drink!
P.S. if you want to make it easier, don’t have people repeat the previous things but instead just think of their own with the next letter! Still hard to come up with a Christmas word for X.